- What is an EM? EM stands for Event Moderator. EM's provide live events for Atlantic and also role-play RPCS or role-played characters such as Shelby the Royal Thaumaturge, Xitara the Wisp and others.
- How will I know when an event is coming up? First check our website: http://atlantic.uoem.net and the calendar for updates and news. We also have an RSS feed for our calender to help you know when events are scheduled. Please note that scheduled events may change depending on the needs of our program. You can also ask Atlanta the News Announcer at the Luna Bank about: events, news and more for a quick update while you are playing. EM Events are also posted in the UO Atlantic Stratics News.
- Can you give me items? EMs are not allowed by program policy to give special event items or gold to players and the answer will always be no. The only exception to this is the occasional gift of a sash or similar item that has been approved in advance to be given out to everyone at a specific event. Event Moderators may give out ordinary or crafted items as part of an event (tailored clothes for teams, books, etc.)
- What is the deal with event items? Reward event items will occasionally be found on defeated foes as loot. Not every event will result in an item being found. If you win a contest you may receive a plaque in the EM Reward Hall in Malas to commemorate your achievement.
- Can you spawn monsters for me? Event Moderators only spawn monsters at EM events.
- Can I invite you to an event I am planning? Yes you can if your event is a public event of community interest. If the event is purely to promote a vendor mall or auction it is unlikely we will attend. We will usually come on a role-played character to community events if we are available. Our real life schedules can be somewhat hectic but we love to attend your events! We may also show up randomly to well publicized public events held by players when we can. Please note that we cannot help with your event by creating monsters or items.
- Can you fix bugs, answer game questions or catch cheaters? The role of Event Moderators is to run events for the community, please use the usual methods for obtaining support for those issues.
- How can I contact you or give you feedback about an event or an event idea? Please send an email to
Following an event, we usually go to the Britain Counselor's Guild in Trammel for questions and comments.